Honeywell Lead Project Manager in United States
BACKGROUND: The Equipment Team at UOP India (IPL) has successfully executed/ managed projects for delivery of Polybed PSA Units; high performance Trays (like MD/ ECMD Trays); modular Units (like CCR, Recovery Plus, ISOSIV, Merox etc) for clients both in India and abroad.
As IPL grows, it will continue to offer “engineering & delivery” for standard stand-alone products (like PSA, MD Trays etc) & modular products (like Mod Merox, Mod CCR, Mod Recovery Plus etc) for its customers on a worldwide basis while adding to its portfolio from
UOP’s wide range of technologies (like Mod PENEX, Mod NHT, Mod Platforming etc). As a part of IPL’s growth plans, there exists a role for a “PROJECT MANAGER – Equipment”. Below is a description of the roles & responsibilities for this position.
Primary Accountabilities/ Responsibilities for this position are:
1. Assume total accountability for assigned Project(s) which includes directing and coordinating with personnel assigned to perform engineering, procurement, fabrication, and delivery for Equipment project(s)
2. Hold accountability to deliver assigned Project(s) with the appropriate level of quality, on time, on (or under) budgeted cost, and consistent with the contractual scope and UOP's standards & Specifications
3. Execute assigned Project(s) in accordance with the established Equipment delivery work process and consistent with customer’s contractual requirements & expectations
4. Develop, maintain/ update, and implement a Project Quality Plan (PQP), MS Project schedule, and Project Execution Plan (PEP) for each assigned Project
5. Accurately forecast revenue flow consistent with contractual billing milestones for assigned Project(s) through timely invoicing and update/ maintain in SAP
6. Forecast requirements of resources required for successful execution of assigned Project(s) and to work with respective specialists & managers to ensure that necessary resources are assigned
7. Appraise project team of performance and to coach/ provide constructive feedback to this team throughout the Project
8. Build a positive attitude within project team by fostering productive and open communication
9. Liaise with/ support procurement specialist (buyer) to engage the services of vendors/ suppliers/ sub-contractors (as necessary) in support of execution of assigned Project(s)
10. proactively manage change orders that define changes (either in scope or delivery impact or both) for assigned Project(s) with customer and with vendors/ sub-contractors/ suppliers
11. Regularly report project metrics for assigned Project(s)
12. forecast potential problems (like cost over-runs, schedule delays, technical and/ or resource constraints etc) to Manager of Projects and identify actions to mitigate/ nullify impact to assigned Project(s)
13. Manage the customer interface during the term of the assigned Project(s)
14. Ensure that UOP safety procedures are implemented on each assigned Project
15. Perform required project close-out procedures for assigned Project(s) including participate in supplier performance evaluation
16. Conduct regular Meetings for assigned Project(s)
17. Report on project execution to Manager of Projects including regular updates of Cost Metrics, OTTR (on—time to request), COPQ (cost of poor quality), Quality PPM (parts per million) etc for assigned Project(s) on a monthly basis OR as requested
18. Review/ understand the provisions of the contract (i.e. customer’s purchase order OR agreement, as applicable) for assigned Project(s) and to forecast potential conflicts. To seek guidance of Manager of Projects for resolution of contractual conflicts.
19. Work within SAP as related to the assigned Project execution
Other Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
1. Adhere to the HS&E policy and guidelines
Basic/ Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
• Demonstrated strong working knowledge of Project execution of Equipment products in India and/ or abroad
• >15 years of total work experience with 10 years in managing project(s) in refining and/ or petrochemical industry
• good knowledge of and ability to work within SAP
• Strong leadership and multi-tasking skills are required
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to effectively work within a Team
• The ability to travel approximately 25% to 50% annually to fabrication shops, customer offices, detailed engineering offices, and customer sites around the world is required
• Excellent knowledge of software like MS Project (OR Primavera), MS Office etc
• Advanced degree and/or PMP certification desirable but not required
• Understanding of fundamentals of UOP's Equipment products is a plus
• Field/ Site experience in refining and/ or petrochemical industry is a plus
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.