M & T Bank Merchant Sales Representative - 3DHH5 in Tarrytown, New York
Title: Merchant Sales Representative III
• Responsible for developing new Merchant Services business and servicing existing clients.
• Build and maintain business partnerships with Branch Managers, Business Bankers, and Commercial Relationship Managers to develop sales opportunities with prospects and / or existing M&T Bank clients.
Nature and Scope: • The position reports to the Treasury Management/Merchant Regional Sales Manager and is responsible for actively contributing to the development, expansion and maintenance of the bank’s Merchant Services business.
• The position requires a strong understanding of merchant risk with demonstrated proficiency in determining and responding to risk levels of prospect and existing clients.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
• Call, in person and via telephone, prospective clients to develop new merchant services business.
• Work with Relationship Managers, Business Bankers, and Branch Managers to sell merchant services.
• Keep business partners abreast of sales activities and pipeline status.
• Provide timely implementation of new accounts won by accurate and thorough completion of required documentation.
• Identify cross sell opportunities and refer business to internal partners.
• Manage merchant risk in underwriting and account maintenance efforts.
• Determine and respond to risk levels of prospective and existing clients.
• Prepare merchant services sales presentations and proposals to present product benefits and M&T Bank’s value proposition.
• Participate in pricing decisions and recommend pricing in accordance with bank policies.
• Assist sales manager in executing sales strategies and in meeting department goals.
• Perform ongoing training of business partners on Merchant Services products in order to increase their effectiveness as referral sources.
• Maintain departmental reports utilizing Enterprise Relationship Management (ERM)
Minimum Qualifications Required: • Bachelor’s degree, or in lieu of a degree a minimum of four (4) years of work experience.
• A minimum of three (3) years Merchant experience or relevant sales experience.
• Personal computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office 2007 (Excel and Word).
• Technical aptitude to comprehend merchant equipment and software.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong sales aptitude with a solid comfort level for performing in a results-oriented atmosphere.
• Highly organized and self-motivated with the proven ability to function in an independent and professional manner.
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
Ideal Qualifications Preferred: • Bachelor’s degree level of education or higher.
• Current experience in a similar merchant services sales role with a large financial institution.
• Current experience in the position’s geographic region.
• We encourage candidates with relevant military experience to apply.
M&T Bank Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. M&T Bank Corporation does not sponsor individuals for the purpose of obtaining H-1 Visas. M&T Bank Corporation has policies and procedures in place to promote a drug free workplace.