Lockheed Martin System Simulation Architect in Sunnyvale, California
Description: Space Systems Architect and Mission System Engineer for NextGen OPIR. In this role, you will set high-level direction for the development of the payload- through constellation-level model and simulation architecture, and drive execution of this development both by direct application of simulation system architecture skills and principles and by mentorship and guidance to a team of junior systems engineers.
Roles and tasks include:
• Analyzing high level OPIR modeling & simulation needs for the NextGen OPIR program, that will be used to test the interfaces of multiple payloads, to verify requirements from subsystem up to constellation levels, to evaluate performance as the system matures and evolves, and to enable operational test, evaluation and acceptance by the Air Force
• Developing a modeling & simulation architecture for purpose of performance sell-off and purpose of mission trades and that facilitates successful Validation & Verification of models, simulators and resulting products
• Assessing constellation-level mission performance for multiple payload concepts and designs through application of models, simulations and live mission data
• Designing scenarios to effectively and affordably apply models and simulations to demonstrate satisfaction of mission performance requirements and enable robust testing of mission processing
• Supporting new business pursuits and IRAD activities as needed
• Communicating and interacting with multiple stakeholders, including presenting technical approaches and findings in written and oral form
Typically has 14 - 20+ years of professional experience.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
• Masters Degree from an accredited college in a related discipline with 12 years of professional experience, or equivalent experience/combined education.
• Payload- or system-level modeling & simulation of space systems
• Demonstrated understanding of infrared sensor payloads
• Experience with mathematical modeling tools and languages (e.g., MATLAB, Python, etc.)
• Current DoD Secret clearance or higher
• Direct experience assessing mission performance of Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) systems
• Deep familiarity with statistical methods and tests
• Experience developing methods for Validation and Verification of simulators or simulation products
• Strong communication/presentation skills, and ability to interact directly with customers
• Current TS/SCI
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.