Express Scripts Staff Accountant in St. Louis, Missouri
The Accountant is primarily responsible for completing accounting activities relating to the maintenance of a complete and accurate general ledger. This includes tracking billing, accrual, payments and true-up for receivables and managing vendor credits and other miscellaneous credits and rebates. This position will work with team members as well as other departments to research and resolve issues.
- Track billing, accrual, payments and true-up for other receivables for CSD.
- Journal entries and month end responsibilities.
- Verifies the accuracy and accounting classifications assigned to various accounting records.
- Manage vendor credits and miscellaneous other credits and rebates.
- Roll forwards and reconciliations for Misc AR, Chargebacks and other assigned balance sheet accounts.
- May assist in establishing, modifying documents and coordinating implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 6 to 8 years of experience.
- 0-2 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree.
- PC skills; Microsoft Office programs; Strong Excel skills with the ability to easily learn new software.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Demonstrated proficiency in accounting processes, procedures, and controls.
- Experience in general ledger account analysis/reconciliation.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Experience working with cross functional departments to research and resolve issues.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Detail oriented
- Understanding of business operations and processes.
- Focus on quality and service; Demonstrated customer service and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and manage heavy workload.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate departmental and project deadlines.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
If your niche is in financial reporting and analysis, underwriting, cash management, audit, or investor relations, our Finance department may be a perfect fit for you. Our teams within Finance work together to ensure our spending stays on track, and that we remain a profitable industry leader. We’re always on the lookout for innovative people who think outside the box to join our team.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health. Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan. Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.