University of Texas at San Antonio Head Women’s Soccer Coach in San Antonio, Texas
Title of Position Head Women’s Soccer Coach
Requisition Number BES20180111P
Department Posting Name Athletics
Location Main Campus
Recruitment Type External
Position Type This is an Administrative & Professional (A&P), benefits eligible, position.
Grant Funded? No
Hours per week 40
If employee will be working a schedule other than Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, specify hours and days to be worked
Physical activity in the sport of soccer, weekend and evening hours and required travel.
If Temporary, Ending Date
Recruiting Rate Commensurate with experience
Beginning Salary Flexibility Yes
Pay Basis Salary
Required Education Bachelor's Degree
Do you want to allow additional experience to substitute for required education? No
Preferred Education Master's Degree
Field of Study
MS Office Experience Required Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
Will this position require driving a UT or personally owned vehicle? Yes - Essential Function
Other Computer and Software Skills Required
Experience and Other Skills Required
- Three years of experience as a soccer coach.
- Specific knowledge in the sport of Women’s Soccer and knowledge and compliance with all NCAA, rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, written, and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and flexibility.
Do you want to allow additional education to substitute for required experience? No
Other Skills Preferred
Five years of experience as a soccer coach in a university setting. Previous NCAA Division I soccer coaching experience. Experience with APR, academic success and student-athletes retention.
Description of Job Duties
- Ensure knowledge of and adherence to NCAA and conference rules.
- Monitor the compliance to NCAA and conference rules and policies by assistant coaches.
- Recruit academically fit and athletically qualified students to meet UTSA admissions.
- Monitor satisfactory academic progress of student athletes and arrange for necessary academic counseling through Athletics Academic Counselor.
- Conduct all practice sessions.
- Recommend grants of financial aid with the approval of the Athletics Director and the University Scholarships, Loans, Awards Committee, and Director of Financial Aid.
- Endorse high ethical standards for self, staff and student-athletes.
- Responsible to manage, develop and supervise staff, including assistant coaches while upholding Conference and NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
- Responsible for budget preparation and management for all team travel, on- and off-campus recruiting, equipment and apparel purchasing, facility rental and necessary supplies for program success.
- Recommend letter awards to the Athletics Director in accordance with approved lettering standards.
- Work with Athletics Communications to develop and maintain a communications program with the surrounding communities, businesses, and supporters.
- Responsible for collaboration and strategic planning with Athletics Development staff to assist with program fundraising.
- Completion and timely submission of NCAA Squad List, Conference Eligibility List and Conference Participation List.
- Has the responsibility for execution of an effective system of internal controls which provides reasonable assurance that operations are effective and efficient, assets are safeguarded, financial information is reliable, and applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures are followed.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Posting Open Date 03/09/2018
Posting Close Date at midnight on
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Notes To Applicants
-UTSA is a tobacco-free campus.
-UTSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
-This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
-Applicants who are selected for interviews must be able to show proof that they are eligible and qualified to work in the United States by time of hire.
-At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may be closed once a sufficient number of qualified applications has been received.