University of Rochester Public Safety Dispatcher in Rochester, New York
Full Time 40 hours Grade 025 Department of Public Safety
Position Summary: Operates a Public Safety Department Communications Center to provide for the protection of University property, University students, visitors, patients and personnel and their property.
- Continuously monitors alarms and dispatching systems.
- Dispatches Officers to areas according to needs or in an emergency in accordance with established procedures and/or the orders of the Officer-in-Charge.
- May relay orders of the Officer-in-Charge in accordance with established rules and procedures.
- Informs the Officer-in-Charge of all Public Safety activity taking place during the shift.
- Follows established procedures and/or the orders of the Officer-in-Charge in making outside calls to fire, police, etc.
- Answers telephone and radio calls. Notifies the Officer-in-Charge of non-routine situations and notifies Officers of routine situations which are then handled in accordance with standard procedures. May announce situations within the hospital in accordance with established wording and procedures.
- Makes a daily check of communications equipment as to number, operability and condition, and reports to the Public Safety Director.
- Maintains Security logs, journals and files; maintains electronic records.
- Assists in orientating and training new dispatchers.
High School Diploma. Requires the ability to read and write, to use arithmetic and to meet and deal effectively and courteously with the public, students, faculty and staff.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job Title: Public Safety Dispatcher
Location: Central Admin-Sr VP & CFO
Job ID: 207139
Full/Part Time: Full-Time