Express Scripts Sr. Pharmacy Technician - Accredo in Nashville, Tennessee
Accurate and timely execution of all assigned tasks in accordance with standard operating procedures, work instructions and supervisor direction. Distribution of workload and workflow for members of their assigned area to ensure assigned work is completed timely and accurately. Serves as a resource to lead and supervisor and back up to team members. Supports productivity, quality and safety efforts by accurately operating production equipment, assisting in troubleshooting and rectifying issues, and participating in development of policies and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate distribution of workload and workflow for assigned area including shifting resources and back filling as needed.
- Accurately and responsibly operates production equipment to include but not limited to changing labels, cleaning printers, monitoring production equipment, restocking materials.
- Ensure appropriate teams are informed of equipment malfunctions.
- Serve as the first line resource for questions/issues for team members in coordination with supervisor.
- Promote a positive work environment for team that supports high employee morale and job satisfaction.
- Identify and document issues impacting performance and productivity of team members.
- Raise issues to Lead and Supervisor for action.
- Provide input regarding solutions for same.
- Assist Lead and Supervisor in ensuring that established policies and standard operating procedures are being followed and that individual and team goals for productivity and quality are met/exceeded.
- Assist in the development and documentation of policies and procedures for technicians, including specific training materials and ensuring these documents are current and accurate.
- Assist in training and validating technician staff regarding procedures.
- Provide one on one training in addition to group sessions on an as needed basis.
- Provide tips on how to get the job done more efficiently and accurately.
- Ensure that all team members are cross trained to cover production functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- HS diploma or equivalent working experience.
- Two to three years of experience.
- Experience in a dispensing pharmacy setting required.
- National CPHT certification through the PTCB
- General PC knowledge and e-mail abilities.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within dispensing pharmacy.
- Strong attention to detail with good organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment.
- Learn quickly, solve problems, and make decisions.
- Ability and desire to assist team members.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate heavy work volumes.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through the range of healthcare products and services Accredo offers, team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiencies. In addition to the wide range of healthcare products offered to these patients, we provide comprehensive management services, including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. In these very high-touch roles, employees leave every day knowing they made a positive impact on patient lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.