Comcast Analyst 2, Finance & Accounting in Nashville, Tennessee
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for preparing and analyzing financial and inventory reports, trends, and opportunities. Maintains journals and ledgers, prepares financial statements, conducts financial studies and coordinates financial projects. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge. Conducts receiving,issuance and cycle count transactions.
- Approves/creates transactions, evaluates opportunities, and makes recommendations regarding project progress and future business opportunities.
- Analyzes and tracks key financial metrics and operational procedures to foster process improvements.
- Performs analysis of financial statement accounts and specific projects, as directed.
- Assists with the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports.
- Participates with the preparation of month and year-end processes by reviewing actual vs. budget/forecast variances, reviewing financial trends, and making recommendations for accruals.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Inventory management systems and processes.
- Participates, directs physical inventories
- Maintains system process documents
- Works with Business partners on key inventory management processes.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Accounting, Finance
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer