Comcast Director, Security NextGen Operations in Moorestown, New Jersey
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
The Director of NextGen Operations will be responsible for establishing and maturing a best in class cybersecurity brand and processes across the team and partner organizations. As the person most directly responsible for the organization's overall effectiveness, this leader will also establish and maintain a quality monitoring capability, along with enhanced communications processes for crisis management. Seamlessly works cross-functionally and collaborates closely with other senior leaders to ensure achievement of targeted objectives.
The ideal candidate has exceptionally strong business acumen, with a proven track record of large-scale program management execution, mastery level knowledge in the cyber security, and industry knowledge of security related products and services. The leader of this organization will build excellent partnerships with senior leaders across the company, and maintain a strong focus on next generation cyber security best practices.
- Develops a structured framework for process creation, updates based on changing business needs and continuous dissemination to team
- Design and implement a quality assurance program to monitor quality of operations including maturity of team services
- Establish a framework for managing tactical cyber incident/crisis response
- Acts as the lead in scheduling incident post mortem discussions
- Establishes, evaluates, implements performance metrics and trend analysis for functions supervised
- Establish a framework to effectively communicate and execute cross functional initiatives, proactively identify dependencies and drive issues to resolution
- Acts as management lead on multiple large-scale projects and engagements in a matrix management environment
- Develops and implements world-class program management frameworks and approaches, demonstrating an exceptional commitment to quality execution
- Able to collaboratively develop, optimize and implement processes and drive operating efficiencies
- Challenges existing methods and drives new paradigms
- Provides both strategic leadership for the organization, as well as hands-on tactical daily leadership
- Develops strong partnerships built on responsiveness and mutual accountability, with leaders inside and outside of the organization
- Sets monthly/quarterly goals and objectives and ensures resources are efficiently aligned to organizational goals and objectives
Skill and Abilities
- Must be a strong communicator with exceptional verbal and written communication skills to translate the vision and strategy into clear priorities and direction, both internally and externally
- Demonstrated expert level experience in leading process development and continuous improvement
- Must have experience in aligning processes with business strategy along with the ability to analyze & set benchmarks for processes
- Proven ability in establishing, transforming, optimizing and facilitating the changing of a culture with an emphasis on team effectiveness
- High level of personal integrity, with the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exudes the appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Must have strong business and financial acumen to make sound business and budgeting decisions.
- Must have advanced knowledge of current security threats, techniques, and landscape, as well as a dedicated and self-driven desire to research current information security landscape
- Proven ability to research, develop, and keep abreast of tools, techniques, and process improvements in support of security detection and analysis in accordance with current and emerging threat and attack vectors
- Ability to present risks and propose countermeasures to senior technology executives
- Demonstrated proficient decision making skills, analytical and problem solving ability
- Should have public speaking experience at industry technology events with members of the information security associations and affiliates
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree or Masters Preferred
Field of Study: Cyber Information Assurance, Computer Science or related field
Certifications: Preferred CISSP; CISA, CISM or GIAC
Years' Experience Preferred: Five or more years in a carrier class Internet Service Provider, and 15 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.