World Economic Forum Participant Services Specialist in Geneva, Switzerland
Participant Services Specialist
Target hire date:
PARTICIPANT SERVICES SPECIALIST
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
As part of the World Economic Forum’s Participant Services, you will be responsible for coordinating member organizations and other stakeholder engagement at Forum activities and meetings. You will assist in the management of registration and the security badge process at the Forum’s Geneva headquarters, Annual Meeting in Davos and other events.
Reporting lines and interactions
As part of the Global Programming Group, Event Services, you will report to the Head of Participant Services.
You will work with:
• Other teams within the group, such as Events Management
• Engagement managers organizing the engagement of their constituents and organizations in events
• Event logistics and technology partners for event preparation and on site
• External stakeholders, such as participants, primary contacts and operational contacts supporting invitation and registration processes and enquires
• Participants, staff, media and the general public at events
Breakdown of main responsibilities
• 70% coordination and administrative support
• 15% project management
• 15% events planning and logistics
The successful candidate will be assessed on
• Coordinating participant relations with Engagement managers for major Forum meetings; external queries and event invitation and registration processes
• Managing payment-related processes with Finance and Membership teams
• Managing various mailboxes on daily basis, including information requests, registration validation and processing registrations
• Producing and distributing Forum security badges at meetings • Interacting with various stakeholders and manage preparations and delivery of registration and participant services at events
• Assisting with in-house meetings and badge creation/distribution
• Acting as a point of contact for digital success support and training for Event Invitation and Registration processes, both internally and externally
• Providing administrative support, including documentation creation and updating
• Assisting with the Forum’s database transformation, incorporating new processes and improvements
Preferred requirements and experience
• University undergraduate degree or equivalent in hotel management or similar domain
• One to three years of relevant professional experience in the hotel or other service industries
• Excellent multitasking and communication skills
• Proven organizational and time management skills
• Quality orientated; experience in data entry/quality control would be a plus
• Experience in training and support for digital products would also be a plus
• Proficient English and French are essential; knowledge of German would be an asset
• PC literate, including MS Office and internet; knowledge of Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud a plus
• Willing to travel 15% of the time
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change.