Techshed Reporting Analyst (Contract) in Foster City, California
Hybrid (noun) hy•brid \ˈhī-brəd\
Something that is formed by combining two or more things.
We believe that fewer words define Techshed more accurately than hybrid. A start-up environment powered by the stability of The Home Depot has helped us create a company populated by a team of talented players who work endlessly to solve real problems for real people, every single day. Our cutting-edge products are the result of lofty goals, deep research, healthy debates, boundless innovation, and most importantly, cross-functional collaboration. Everything we create, we create as a team.
In fact, our team is our company; they bring passion to everything they do. They’re friendly, outgoing, focused, and are some of the best and brightest that Silicon Valley has to offer. So come join the Techshed team and see what it’s like to create real products that actually improve our customers’ lives.
• Shuttle Options • Paid Clipper Pass • Toll Reimbursement • 401K & ESPP • Medical, Vision, & Dental • Bicycle Friendly • Free Lunch • Tuition Reimbursement • Gym Reimbursement
Techshed, a Home Depot company, creates and develops interactive, user-friendly products that help improve how homeowners find and connect with qualified home service professionals in their neighborhood. Our product offerings currently include Pro Referral, Service Connect, as well as The Home Depot’s Home Services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• (20%) Requirements Gathering: Work with business stakeholders to understand/document all the reporting needs (dashboards and ad-hoc analysis) • (60%) Development: Implement the requirements using reporting tools by using data primarily stored in Databases. • (10%) Self Testing: Self-validate the reports/analysis, check all the math • (10%) UAT Support: Walk through the report with Business stakeholders.
• Strong expertise with database technology (1+ Years) • Strong performance tuning skills • Experience with columnar data stores such as Vertica, Redshift or Infobright • An ability to write complex and efficient SQL statements and stored procedures • Working knowledge of at least one of the major reporting tools: Tableau, Google Data Studio, Google Analytics • Bachelor’s Degree in CS/EE or equivalent experience • Strong communication skills, enabling transparency and coordination across multiple business and service units • Experience collaborating with distributed teams • Experience with Git
Skills and Abilities Required
• Strong expertise with database technology (RDBMS) • Strong expertise with reporting tools (Tableau)
• RDBMS • Software Engineering
• Data Modeling • Understanding of Data Volume in a large enterprise and building reports