Broad River Furniture Director of Visual Impact in Fort Mill, South Carolina
As the driver of customer-facing merchandising efforts in a growing fast fashion furniture leader, the Director of Visual Impact is responsible for the successful execution of our Visual Merchandising vision to all retail locations. The Director of Visual Impact will create initiatives and strong business cases to connect their efforts to the financial results delivered through our stores. The Director of Visual Impact provides strategic leadership to both HQ and field-based teams and must inspire, develop and hold these teams accountable for representing the brand at the highest possible standard.
- Create an overall strategy by collaborating with corporate leadership in creative direction for store interiors, seasonal campaigns with a focus on compelling merchandising principles in all global stores
- Manage all visual merchandising initiatives to ensure adherence to Ashley Furniture HomeStore strategy and creative direction while supporting financial objectives
- Lead and define priorities in managing the field Visual Merchandising team, ensuring that all floor sets, weekly updates, special launches and seasonal design implementations are executed correctly for all global retail locations
- Oversee all visual communications with a specific focus on content and feasibility to the field
- Represent and advocate for constituency in meetings to ensure the organization is making the best decision possible while considering field execution
- Train and develop Senior Managers, Senior Designers and VSM’s on leadership skills and best practices to ensure cohesive task execution through delegation and teamwork
- Manage supply, operational, and expense budgets to identify discrepancies and areas for improvement
- Constantly strive for efficiencies and improvements in everything we do and produce visually
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Must have an educational background in Merchandising, Design or Communications. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must have at least 10 years of Visual Merchandising experience in a furniture/apparel retail environment; previous experience should reflect increasing responsibility over time in a multi-store environment. Prior international experience pre
- Must have 5- 8 years of experience leading large diverse teams in multiple geographic locations
- Must have exceptional merchandising skills and a strong understanding of trends
- Must be comfortable presenting concepts or initiatives to senior leadership
- Must be able to collaborate with global partners; occasional travel within the US is required
- Must understand how visual impact financial objectives and possess a strong level of business acumen
- Must possess a proven track record in developing people and talent to support strong growth in store locations
- Must be able to lift, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds without assistance and above 51 pounds with or without assistance.
- Occasionally ascends and descends ladders for lighting maintenance and installation.
- Must be able to fully position self for moving and arranging furniture and other items.
Keyword: Director, Retail Marketing, Event planning, Strategy, Marketing Methodology, Media Methodology, Digital Analyses, Social Analyses, Postmortem Analyses,Proofing, Bachelors Degree
From: Broad River Furniture