Comcast Sr Analyst, Business Assurance in Denver, Colorado
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcome!
Benefits for New Hires start Day 1.
Maps metrics against the Company's operational plans and tactical/strategic goals to ensure alignment and focus. Develops and maintains standard reporting measures, quantitative explanation of relevant data, and ongoing analysis of alternatives and solutions. Monitors internal controls to ensure operations are conducted in accordance with established guidelines, policies, procedures, and governmental and legal requirements. Frequently collaborates and communicates with various functional areas to drive operational improvements into the business and minimize inherent risks.
Responsibilities also include planning and conducting audits of internal controls covering a broader range of the Company's operations to determine if functional areas are conducting operations in accordance with established guidelines, policies, procedures, and governmental and legal requirements. Partners to ensure Regional process alignment with Division and Company standards. Responsible for assisting in the analysis and evaluation of the efficiency and effectiveness of Regional policies and operations. Develops standard reporting measures, quantitative explanation of relevant data, and ongoing analysis of alternatives and solutions to drive Region process improvement.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Identifies, documents, and communicates control gaps, the associated risk(s), and recommendation(s) to management through summarized reports and strategic presentations.
- Creates and maintains compliance reports that identify discrepancies within the Company's systems and business operations.
- Performs complex analysis and creates reporting from various databases and back-end tables to produce meaningful, actionable results tailored to multiple stakeholders and audiences.
- Partners with functional areas to document and analyze processes, which drive operational efficiencies and mitigate risks.
- Develops strong cross-functional relationships that influence and recommend change throughout the organization.
- Partner with cross-functional process owners on control improvements and drive implementation to ensure effective and timely execution
- Leverage data analytics to enhance audit procedures and build continuous monitoring capability
- Mentor and develop teammates towards personal/professional growth
- Works with broad discretion as to work details on assignments of a varied and difficult nature.
- Conducts project staff involved in the examination of a wide variety of activities.
- Examines records, documents, methods, policies, costs, and other factors to determine if functional areas are conducting operations in accordance with established guidelines, policies, procedures, and governmental and legal requirements.
- Coordinates the preparation of reports summarizing audit results.
- Makes recommendations regarding corrective action and reviews audit findings with Managers.
- Plans methods to be followed in the conduct of audits; recommends activities to be examined, the extent of examination, and establishes completion schedules.
- Develops audit programs for specific audits or operating entities.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Field of Study
- Audit, Accounting, Finance, Business
- CPA, CIA, or CISA certification (preferred not required)
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritization experience
- Interpersonal, relationship building and collaboration experience
- Ability to communicate complex issues and influence change
- Advanced Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis on Excel and Visio)
- Prior Analytical Experience (3-5 years)
- Experience in auditing proprietary in-house built systems and working with large data sets
- Interest in continuous learning and development
- Ability to work in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity and stay on top of changes that could affect compliance requirements
- Tableau / Data Analytics Knowledge (is a plus)
- Experience with SQL or other programming languages
- Operational audit experience
- Demonstrated success in process or operational improvement and facilitation of proposed changes
- Functional Area Experience (in Operations) project/change management, process optimization
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer