TIAA Financial Analyst II in Denver, Colorado
As long as there are people who make the world a better place, we'll keep making a difference for them. Since 1918, it has been TIAA's mission to serve those who serve others. It is this mission and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization.
When you work here at TIAA, you're not just in it for yourself. You are part of something bigger. A collective mission to make a difference - a collective mission we make our own.
To be difference makers.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website at https://www.tiaa-cref.org/public/about-us/who-we-are-at-tiaa-cref .
The position supports the Institutional Retirement Plan Services and Technology (IRPS&T) business line. The position participates in the analysis of financial information for the development of budget, forecasts, scorecards and action plans. Develops routine and ad hoc financial analyses and reports focused on business needs, trends, and issues. Develops accurate and insightful analyses on the financial performance of an organization, project, product or business which are reviewed by FP&A management. Applies knowledge of the group/product/segment/financial governance body/function supported to develop analyses that support business and financial needs. Recognizes strategic implications of problems and issues. Generates alternative ideas/ solutions. Assists in developing initiatives on process/workflow improvements and program/policy changes.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Development of cost allocation methodologies and execution including
analysis, interpretation and reporting
• Engagement and financial support of the IFS CS&T Risk and Controls
• Routine and ad hoc financial analyses and reports focused on business needs,
trends, and issues
• Participate in implementation and/or modification of new reporting and
accounting systems, enhancements, procedures, account structures, audit
• Assist with developing and tracking project budgets and costs incurred,
developing project financial performance specifications, validating data,
tracking and resolving issues, etc.
• Understanding of financial statements and cost accounting
• Advanced Business degree preferred in Finance, Accounting, Economics or
• Ability to work well under pressure, meet agreed upon deadlines and manage
multiple tasks concurrently
• A proactive self-starter with excellent communications skills
• Must be able to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team
• Ability to work in a matrix management structure and to collaborate with key
partners and business unit leaders
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
This organization is an equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer, dedicated to maintaining a work environment free of bias, harassment, discrimination and retaliation. As an EEO employer, this organization expressly prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation on the basis of race, creed, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sex, sex stereotype, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions where applicable), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, marital status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, requesting a reasonable accommodation based on mental or physical disability, medical condition (as defined by applicable law), genetic history and information, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance or regulation (collectively referred to here as “protected characteristics”).
- ©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017
Primary Location: CO-Denver
Req ID: 1712984