Leidos Mechnical Engineer in ABINGDON, Maryland
Project Toastmaster is a development program to increase the knowledge related to remote detection of chemicals. Leidos is maturing technology demonstrators to prototypes capable of operating in laboratory environments. Leidos generates reports and data to demonstrate the capabilities of the prototype and ability to mature system to meet future government requirements.
Job requires independent work. Assignments by the lead engineer are provided with acceptance criteria and due dates with expectations of completion of quality work on time. Assignments might include:
• Design computer aided models of prototype and production representative systems. Systems are both mechanical and electronic.
• Document test results and other information into contractually required documents using Microsoft Office products.
• Travel to customer laboratories requiring interfacing with government personnel, setting up sensors in lab, conducting demonstrations to system stakeholders.
• Conduct intensive industry or market surveys, including discussion solutions with vendors, and compiling the gathered information into a cohesive trade study identifying best solutions or path forward
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Basic Qualifications are In-Depth knowledge of Microsoft Technologies, specifically:
o1-3 years’ experience with computer aided design software
o Mechanical or Electrical engineering degree
o Ability to obtain a passport and travel outside of the United States
o Ability to pass US government back ground checks necessary for obtaining either access to government facilities or security clearances
• Experience working with Dassault Systemes Solidworks and Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Power Point
• Experience designing both mechanical and electronic systems
• Knowledge and experience with industry available electronically controlled motion systems and assemblies. Precision Linear and rotational motion experience a plus.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.