U.S. Military Academy Recreation Assistant (Facilities Operator) NF-02 in West Point, New York
About the Agency
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for Citizens and Non-Citizens within the local commuting area of West Point, NY. This area is defined as: Orange, Rockland, Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Ulster, and Sullivan counties. (Military Spouses moving to the area within 30 days from the closing date of this announcement and Involuntarily Separated Military (ISM) members claiming ISM Preference are included in this area of consideration.)
Initial Cut-Off Date: Monday, July 31st, 2017 (Applications must be received by 11:59 PM EST) Applications received by the Initial Cut-Off Date will be reviewed and possibly referred to the Selecting Official PRIOR to the Closing Date of this Vacancy Announcement.
Subsequent referrals to the hiring manager will occur as additional vacancies become available.
The mission of the Army Athletic Association is to provide an extraordinary Division I Athletic experience that develops leaders of character committed to the values of Duty, Honor, Country.
Located in the scenic Hudson River valley, only 50 miles from New York City, the U.S. Military Academy at West Point is a four-year academic institution, a nationally-renowned historic site, and the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. West Point's 3,000 civilian employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theatre, the Hudson Valley's premier performing arts center, and recreational facilities such as an 18-hole Golf Course and Ski Slope.
- Job requires work in various facilities depending on requirements as determined by customer demand or programmed activities.
- Arranges furniture and equipment for various types and sizes of Sporting events, Banquets, Ceremonies; puts up and takes down special event decorations.
- Cleans recreation equipment, supplies and facility area. Operates equipment and performs self-help maintenance on facilities and equipment.
- Prepares work order for maintenance which cannot be completed by self-help.
- Policies interior and exterior areas of building and grounds and performs general housekeeping to make facilities/playing fields/pools/outdoor courts ready for use.
- Not Required
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
US Citizens and Non-Citizens
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- A one year probationary period may be required
Minimally Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Experience cleaning equipment, supplies and facility area i.e. performing general housekeeping to make facilities, playing fields and outdoor courts ready for use.
- Experience checking and preparing equipment for issue to customers and monitoring the proper usage.
- Experience monitoring inventory and the condition of the items on hand.
- Possess and have the ability to maintain a valid driver's license.
PLEASE NOTE: Your resume must reflect the qualifications stated in the announcement and questionnaire to be rated eligible.
Conditions of Employment:
- If selected, a completed and signed copy of our job application form (DA Form 3433) is required prior to entrance on duty. (Click hereto view form).
- Medical Examination is required.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
What To Expect Next
We appreciate your interest in this position!
Review our benefits
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474602200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-17 to 2017-12-27
Salary: $11.65 to $16 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: NF 2
Series: 0189 Recreation Aid And Assistant
Appointment type: Intermittent
Work schedule: Intermittent
Job announcement number: NENAFBR1710026804SR
Control number: 474602200