Naval Medical Command SUPERVISORY PHYSICAL THERAPIST in Patuxent River, Maryland
About the Agency
The selectee for this position will serve as a SUPERVISORY PHYSICAL THERAPIST in the Physical Therapy Department of NAVAL HOSPITAL.
The successful selectee will perform the following duties:
- Provides physical therapy clinic management, patient care and provision of physical therapy services provided including but not limited to: patient treatment; consultation and program development and evaluation; clinical research; and education/supervision.
- Executes a full range of complex physical therapy procedures, diagnostics, and treatment services for all eligible beneficiaries.
- Employs specialty techniques in order to manage clients with a combination of mild to severe physical impairments.
- Utilizes modalities in treatment to include electric stimulation, ultrasound, cryotherapy, thermal therapy, iontophoresis, etc. as appropriate
- Analyzes, evaluates, and advises respective management officials on administrative and clinical aspects of delivery of care in the area of responsibility.
- Not Required
- You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Males must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. www.sss.gov
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary/trial period.
- See Other Information and Requirements section for additional requirements.
In order to qualify for this position, your resume must provide sufficient experience and/or education, knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the duties of the specific position for which you are being considered. Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities as they relate to this position. Therefore, we encourage you to be clear and specific when describing your experience.
Applicants must meet the following positive education qualifications requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess a degree that included or was supplemented by (1) a physical therapy curriculum approved by a recognized professional accrediting organization at the time the curriculum was completed, and (2) the clinical affiliation requirements prescribed by the school.
In addition to the Basic Requirements for this position, your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
- Experience evaluating referred clients for diagnosis and treatment planning and determines current levels of function.
- Experience coordinating a client's physical therapy schedule with other clinic providers, Active Duty and civilian surgeons, and other medical specialists in order to maintain the quality of care.
- Experience providing direct therapy, consultation, monitoring, and co-teaching models of services to patients with identified physical therapy needs as indicated by evaluation.
- Experience supervising the work of subordinate physical therapy assistants (PTAs), other physical therapist, and medical clerks who are engaged in performing PT care and treatment or providing support. Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-PROF.
You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer and part time experience. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the qualification requirements if the applicant can provide documentation indicating that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide such evidence when applying for further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
See the Office of Personnel Management's General Policies for information on crediting education.
Generally, current Federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. All qualifications and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement and clearly documented in your resume.
Must be able to obtain an interim and/or final (e.g., confidential/secret/top secret, etc.) security clearance prior to entrance on duty AND must be able to maintain the required level of clearance while employed in the subject position. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the applicant fails to report to the scheduled drug test appointment. Incumbents of drug testing designated positions will be subject to random testing. Drug test results will be provided to the employing activity/command.
A doctoral degree or at least 6 years of experience in a supervisory role within Physical Therapy is preferred not required.
Must be immunized on an annual basis against influenza in accordance with BUMEDINST 6220.9B.
Must have or obtain a driver's license
What To Expect Next
When the application process is complete, your application will be reviewed to determine if you meet the hiring eligibility and qualification requirements for which you requested consideration. You will be rated based on the information provided in your resume and responses to the questionnaire, along with your supporting documentation to determine your level of knowledge, skill, and ability related to the job requirements.
Best qualified applicants will be referred to the hiring manager. The hiring manager may choose to conduct interviews. Once the selection is made, you will receive a notification of the decision.
Stay informed of changes to your application status by signing up for automatic email alerts at https://www.usajobs.gov/Applicant/Application/ListApplications.
Review our benefits
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
The Department of the Navy uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf
ICTAP Applicants: To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating of 85 or higher. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/ictap/
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/471191400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $79,720.00 to $103,639.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0633-12/12
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: Yes
Who May Apply: Current Permanent Competitive Service Federal Employees, Reinstatement Eligibles, VEOA, or ICTAP
Control Number: 471191400
Job Announcement Number: ST-10014565-17-SEW