AngioDynamics Production Material Handler in Glens Falls, New York
Operates a variety of complex equipment while achieving quality standards, a production plan, and cost objectives. Makes minor adjustments and performs troubleshooting logic to maintain part specifications. Ensures device meet product specifications. This position assists in the periodic maintenance of machinery and performs minor repairs as required.
- Distributes materials to production lines (replenishment, staging, stock issues, etc.)
- Performs inventory maintenance functions including condensing/consolidating, cycle counting; maintain a clean and organized supermarket Stock rotation.
- Responsible for ensuring all staging documentation within the Discrete Job is present, and completely signed off by applicable parties for compliance.
- Releases and prioritizes job orders in conjunction with materials management partners and supervisor.
- Complies with all applicable company policies, manufacturing procedures, SOP’s, cGMP’s.
- Trains and mentors new material handlers. Acts as a resource to others and sets an example for good supermarket material handling practices.
- Responsible for a clean and safe work area.
- Reads and interprets a variety of work schedules, Kanban,Discrete Job , bill of materials, pick lists, drawings and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures).
- Operation of material handling equipment (electronic tablets, label machines, pallet jacks, weight scales, etc.).
- Ensure accurate product labeling and label accountability.
- Perform accurate data entry transactions within MRP system along with accurately recording information on the Discrete job to ensure material traceability/accountability.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- High School/GED Level of Degree in the general field of study
- 0 years of demonstrated experience in a manufacturing, distribution or warehouse environment
- Preferred education, experience or certifications: MRP, Document Control Applications
- Ability to read, write and compute basic math.
- Ability to take direction.
- Self motivated, flexible and cooperative.
- Excellent hand and eye coordination.
- Demonstrated decision making skills and effective problem solving abilities.
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of customized blue prints.
- Proficient in the following computer software applications: Microsoft Office
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to effectively communicate both internally and externally.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance, instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work safely and follow all OSHA regulations and company safety policies and procedures.
- For all on-the-job injuries or accidents, must notify manager/supervisor immediately.
- Exposure to Manufacturing Clean room environment.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 35lbs
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs
- Ability to regularly stand and walk to perform production tasks. Required to perform repetitive movement while demonstrating proficient hand and eye coordination, hand dexterity and good vision.
- Continual attention to the accuracy of documentation
As an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, AngioDynamics will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, physical and mental disability, criminal record, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, status with respect to receiving public assistance, domestic violence victim status, a disabled, special, recently separated, active duty wartime, campaign badge, Armed Forces service medal veteran, or any other characteristics protected under applicable law.
The company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed,or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Requisition Number: 1620BR
Title: Production Material Handler
Type of Position: Fulltime-Regular
Department: Manufacturing Production
Location: Glens Falls, NY
GF Work Shift: 1st shift-REG-8 hr