Cornerstone onDemand Training Consultant (United States) in Chicago, Illinois
We're looking for a
Training Consultant (United States)
Analyze and research a client’s learning situation, expectations, resources, learning needs, learning gaps, and tasks as well as how they use Cornerstone’s products. Develop lessons that are structured, modernized, and well-communicated to client teams according to best practices. Deliverables will be a combination of in-person instructor-led training, live web-based virtual training, recorded virtual learning, job aids, quick reference materials, and development of hands-on exercises. Evaluate techniques applicable to the client requirements. Ability to enable clients to be self-sufficient and successful using the Cornerstone OnDemand Talent Management System through instructor led and virtual instructor led training sessions using a consultative learning approach.
- Teach concepts in an easily understandable manner and relate concepts to “real life” situations. Less prescriptive and more adaptive.
- Implement best practices surrounding the production of educational materials, the structuring of content rollout to clients and internal teams.
- Continued evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of training/educational offerings and ensures alignment with strategic initiatives.
- Create an atmosphere conducive to learning and empowerment in the classroom (virtual and in-person).
- Evaluate and monitor effectiveness of training assets and make appropriate improvements.
- Meet the expectations and requirements of our clients by sharing knowledge, experience, and insight through training.
- Provide a consultative approach by quickly assessing the client’s knowledge and skills and determine how to help the client achieve their learning goals and objectives.
- Recommend best practice approaches and workarounds, and deliver on-the-spot coaching as necessary.
- Accountable for providing the client with the required skills and tools for self-sufficiency using the Cornerstone OnDemand system.
- Create documentation, participant material, reference materials, job aids, and handouts as needed.
- Stay up to date and demonstrate knowledge of Cornerstone’s Talent Management functionality, training and development research; adult learning principles, new training methods and techniques.
- Become a certified expert in Cornerstone OnDemand functionality (ability to successfully pass a certification exam on all modules of instruction)
- Contribute to Cornerstone University and CSOD special projects as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience using Cornerstone OnDemand application
- Able to travel up to 50%
- Experience developing formal classroom courses, workshops, seminars, and materials of a technical nature
- Experience training using virtual classroom tools and techniques.
- Ability to master our talent management product suite and conduct training without leader’s guides or scripts, in a consultative approach.
- Expertise in adult learning methodologies, e-learning, and blended learning.
- Demonstrates strong course delivery skills and excellent verbal, written and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience delivering to an international audience.
- Excellent problem solving/critical thinking skills – Uses independent judgment and ability to decide and act without having the whole picture.
- Must be fluent English. Additional language fluency a plus.
- B.S./B.A. Degree or equivalent job experience.
- Strong computer skills: Word and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrates ability to be a versatile learner with minimal support.
Our mission is to empower people, businesses and communities. A culture created less by what we do and more by who we are. When people are asked to describe the team, the answer is always the same: Smart, Cool, Dependable, and Visionary. We are not a typical tech company (even with our unlimited vacation, paid sabbaticals, generous stock units, education reimbursement, and 100% paid employee health coverage), because, well, our employees aren't your typical techies...
We're always on the lookout for new, curious and capable people who can help us achieve our goal. So if you want to work for a friendly, global and innovative company, we'd love to meet you! What are you waiting for?
What We Do:
Cornerstone OnDemand (NASDAQ: CSOD) helps organizations to recruit, train and manage their people. We work with hundreds of the world’s largest companies—from Walgreens and Starwood Hotels and Resorts to Deutsche Post DHL and Xerox—and thousands of smaller ones to help them engage their workforces and empower their people. Our software impacts every aspect of the employee experience, helping people to make their best work even better – which ultimately translates into greater business results.
Our software and services are in use by over 31 million people in 191 countries and in 43 languages.
Check us out on,,, and!
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental commitment at Cornerstone OnDemand. All qualified applicants are given consideration regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class as provided in applicable Federal, State, or Local fair employment laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at.
Send to a Friend
Email this Job Ad to your friend(s) by adding their email address(es) along with your details to the field below:
*Separate each recipient email address with a comma.
Recipient email address(es):
Your First Name:
Your Last Name:
Select which language the email should be sent in.
Not sure which position to apply for?Cornerstone is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.