Technica LLC Blocker and Bracer in Barstow, California
Blocker and Bracer
Location: Barstow, CA
Technica LLC seeks to fill a Blocker and Bracer position to perform on a Government Contract with a place of performance at Barstow, CA
· Secures cargo in or aboard cargo carriers such as trucks, vans, trailers, railroad cars, sea vans, barges and ships to prevent damage during its transportation, determines appropriate lumber size and kind and prepares the lumber required for braces, chocks, blocks, beams, planking, cribbing, skids, cradles, saddles, etc., using hand and power tools.
· This worker nails, spikes, bolts, or fastens with wood screws or lag screws supporting and bracing fixtures to secure cargo items, constructs weatherproof shelters over some types of deck loads, guys, lashes, and binds heavy equipment to pad eyes, rings, eyelets, hooks, stanchions, cleats, or other supporting fixtures using chains, ropes, cable, wires or metal straps.
· This worker constructs temporary trestles, decking, bulkheads, cribbing and sheathing, and cuts dunnage to support, stiffen, or separate bulky or heavy cargo.
· Other duties as assigned or related to the overall operation of the section/branch that the position is assigned to perform in.
· High School diploma or equivalent required.
· 2 - 5 Years of related experience.
· Required full range of knowledge of woodworking techniques to plan, construct, and repair standardized shipping and storage containers.
· Required skill in measuring, developing, and laying out changes to existing container plans where specially shaped items require unconventional cradles, blocks, braces, or cushioning.
· Required skills in using standard woodworking tools, both manual and power, as well as pneumatic sealers, heat sealing and vacuum equipment, nail guns, and strapping tools.
· Must be extremely customer focused and capable of short range planning, analysis, and the ability to understand the processing of parts and also have the following additional requirements traits: Must have a good working knowledge of the governing supply systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, or other established guidelines.
· Must have a valid state driver’s license.
Interested candidates should apply at http://technicanow.com/
Technica is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EO/AA) Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, nationality, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We offer health, dental, vision, short-term, long-term and life insurance benefits as well as 401K options to all full-time personnel.