U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center Acquisition Specialist in Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:PEO C3T Mission Statement: PEO C3T, headquartered at APG, MD develops network-centric C3T systems for the digitized Army and fields Joint C3T systems to provide an integrated information system of systems seamlessly linking every sensor, shooter, commander and support to create a common view of the battlefield. http://peoc3t.army.mil/c3t/who-we-are-.php
Acquisition Statement: Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act Career Field Position. This is an Army Acquisition, Contracting position. Selectees must meet position requirements for certification at Level II in Acquisition Career Field Contracting within 24 months of entrance on duty.
Telework Eligibility Statement: This position may be eligible for regular and recurring TELEWORK, including emergency and OPM prescribed unscheduled Telework. Supervisor approval will be required on a case-by-case basic.
Who May Apply:Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Manages the complete acquisition program for the entire life cycle of assigned systems.
- Negotiate contracts to establish the terms and conditions.
- Manages major weapon systems contracts with milestone criteria.
- Monitors contract performance to determine if terms of contacts are met.
- Occasional Travel
- Business Travel is required up to 20% of the time.
- Acquisition Certification Level II in Contract Management.
- Must file a Financial Disclosure Statement
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Soliciting, evaluating, negotiating OR awarding contracts; writing Pre-Negotiation Objective Memorandums (POM's), Post-Negotiation Memorandums (PNM's); and managing major weapon system contracts with milestone criteria. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service NH-02 or equivalent pay band.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Procurement Statutes, Regulations and Policies
- Knowledge of the Acquisition Process
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems
- Ability to Communicate
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must file an annual financial statement.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472240500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $79,720.00 to $123,234.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: NH-1101-03/03
Promotion Potential: 03
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Control Number: 472240500
Job Announcement Number: NEAG171305911971269